Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's a start - Carrabba's

What I expect I'll be doing with this blog is writing about all the memorable places to eat at in the central Florida area and anytime I create a meal worth blogging about.

Last night Jimmy and I went to Carrabba's by ourselves! It was a nice quiet evening. Now I usually like to write reviews for local eateries but I decided to write something on Carrabba's as the first post of this blog.

I've eaten at this restaurant chain before and find it to be consistently good each time. We started off as always with calamari. I had a blackberry Sangria and Jimmy decided to lay low with a lemonade. They served their house bread with herbs and olive oil prior to the entree. For dinner we decided to split a Chicken Parmesan.

I've had calamari in many different restaurants. It's one of those dishes that no matter how good or bad it is, I can still enjoy it because I like calamari. At Carrabba's it's neither the worst or the best. It has a hint of flavor but it definitely needs the marinara sauce to make it delish. Prior to the entree we chowed down on bread and a house salad. The house salad that I chose had creamy parmesan dressing. For the small salad, the dressing took over the salad. You know what they say when you have too much of something? Would you like some salad with that dressing? YES that is what my salad was and by the time it got to me, the salad seemed wilted from all that dressing on it. When our food came, I was already too stuffed to eat. Parmesan has that smell that when you aren't in the mood to eat anymore, it smells like vomit. When my food came, I took a nice big inhale of the food and wasn't hungry anymore. Jimmy ate it all so I know it was good but I couldn't bring myself to eat anything else after sniffing the sweet aroma of parmesan cheese. The Blackberry Sangria was fantastic so I finished that off before we wrapped up or night out. It was a great and an inexpensive time. Dominick, our server, was very nice and knowledgeable. If you go to Carrabba's in Clermont, you should ask for him.

We received a $10 coupon in the mail from Carrabba's and used that towards our entry and a $25 gift card. After all was said and done I think we spent $17. How bout them apples!!!

This morning, I decided to try that Chicken Parm for breakfast. The smell of parmesan cheese no longer nauseated me. I nuked it for two minutes and found that it indeed was delicious!

Note to reader: Unlike other food critiques, I'm not one to waste food. Bringing home left overs is always a part of our routine as well as saving anything we make at home. There is no shame in it. Food is meant for nurturing your body. Good tasting food is just a bonus.

1 comment:

  1. I love your note to the reader. I agree with everything, especially about the smell of parmesan!

    ReplyDelete