Thursday, June 19, 2014

Boba Tea

Chewy Boba Company

Chewy Boba Company, previously called Lollicup, has now changed their name for bigger and better things! Your same favorite people are still there making the best milk teas, smoothies, slushies your heart desires. Chewy Boba Company on Orange Blossom Trail across from the Florida Mall is my favorite place to go to get my Thai Tea fix. John and Angela are always so welcoming and I never forget getting my stamp on my rewards card! Stepping into the place is like stepping into a hip Japanimation café.

This weekend when I pulled up to the parking lot, my heart sank and for a moment I thought, I don’t get to have Boba any more? The sign that said Lollicup was no more. My life was over and I was going to cry from the tragedy. But when I pulled up further, the sign that used to say Lollicup now says Chewy in huge letters then Boba company right underneath it and the inside of the establishment was still the same place. WOOOOOSH. Sigh of relief and my happiness is restored. I go in inquisitive about the name change and happy to know my favorite place to have Boba is just wanting a little more liberty to do what they want to do; nothing wrong with that as long as they keep serving me boba. Now I usually get a large Thai Tea with Boba, a super yummy milk tea that comes to you with a beautiful separation of colors between the tea and the milk layered on top and the boba on the bottom. It comes sealed so when you shake it to mix everything it turns a pretty orange color and taste oh so yummy. But today, I decided to try something new. When I walked in there was a sign with two new drinks. I decided to try the pineapple green tea with boba. The tea was magnificent but I felt that the boba, while still great, didn’t mix as well as it did with my favorite Thai Tea. No big deal, still a delicious drink. My friend and eating partner, Leandra, had a large half chai tea and half boba milk with boba. I have to say, that my beloved Thai tea might have a challenger because tasting hers was an explosion of yumminess!

So some of you may want to know what Boba is. People have called this Bubble Tea, misusing the term bubble for Boba, which are not the same. Bubble tea was actually used to call the tea drinks because it is customary to shake your drink to enhance the flavors and bubbles would form at the top. Boba is actually tapioca balls that are made from cassava root that has a light sweet flavor to it.



So now you have it. Chewy Boba Company is the only place to go for the best “bubble tea” in Central Florida. The only place I go! They have two locations – on Highway 50 just east of Mills and Orange Blossom Trail across from Florida Mall. Get your photo taken at the Downtown location or test your drawing skills or write a message at the OBT location. On my visit, I took a picture of my feelings for Boba Tea. Will you marry me?

No comments:

Post a Comment