Saturday, February 8, 2020

The Outpouring

Let me start this entry by giving you some background.

Two months prior to the start of 2020, I made a list of commitments to myself as I've self-proclaimed it the ME year.
Highlights from this list are:

  • Journal 2-3X a week
  • Review every place I visit, eat,explore
  • Read more
  • Exercise 4-5 times a week
  • Draw more
  • And my last one - which is the purpose of this entry, No more buying made to order coffee.
Today I failed myself by buying coffee. 
Further background so I can set the stage for the review.
I love coffee. I love the taste. I love the smell. I love the versatility of flavors not only in drinking it black depending on the region of the bean but also utilizing it in food recipes.  
Every where I travel, I like to buy coffee beans to bring home. I like to taste the different roastings that come out of the bean and there is nothing like making the first batch of coffee from a newly opened bag of beans where you see the oil sweating from the bean still. After the bag is opened the oil sweat evaporates and I believe this is when the coffee bean's potency and flavor starts to diminish. The first cup is the best cup and that can only be done from a new bag of coffee beans or from a fresh batch of roasted beans. Since I know this, and I've stocked up on coffee beans, there was no reason for me to buy coffee that I can easily make at home. However, everyone knows that it just taste better when someone else makes it for you. Or does it? We're in the second month of the year and I can now say, it doesn't. I love the coffee I make at home or at work ( I have a full set of brewing types at each location). So today, while taking Pharah to the groomers, I saw a sign that says new coffee shop. I turn to Phyre and asked if she wanted to try it out, and we nodded "why not". 
Walking into The Outpouring, you'll  find open space, two long dining tables to sit out and three conversational lounging areas. A boho-chic/hodge podge of furniture put together that feels very warm and welcoming but is obviously done on a low budget. Completely understandable when you start to learn more about The Outpouring.

The Co-founders opened up their children's home in Malawi and the coffee shop is a non-profit company helping the communities they serve in Africa.  On the wall near the coffee bar, there is a sign that reflects the amount of children in their home that they are servicing. 💗

It's a beautiful cause and something I would be happy to spend money to aid in their efforts. However, I believe operationally their coffee shop can improve. Because of their non-profit status, funding is likely low taking care of the necessities so investing in what may be superficial or not needed may be a reason for the shortcomings. I think if enough of the right people knew about their cause, they may provide services, items and man power voluntarily to help make this a business that stays. 

Go check them out if you're in Clermont. They are next to Tijuana Flats on Highway 50 and Hancock. 

And if you need a groomer, the people at Something to Bark About are awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment